Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Jackson TN
Doctors and hospitals are supposed to save our lives, but when they make mistakes, you or your family member often pays the price with further pain, scarring and possibly death. Over 98,000 deaths a year are blamed on doctor error and medical malpractice, which is more than the national number of gun deaths a year (30,242). Recent estimates state that only one malpractice claim is made for every 7.6 hospital injuries. If your loved one has suffered injury or death from a doctor's mistake or medical malpractice, contact the lawyers of Hill Boren using our contact form or give us a call at 1.800.727.0622.
At Hill Boren, we have over 30 years of experience in medical malpractice, standing up for our clients against the doctors’ insurance companies. Our medical malpractice attorneys are skilled at representing clients in court. Here are some examples of recent cases and settlements.
Top Ten Medical Events that Should NEVER Happen
Hill-Boren reviews hundreds of medical malpractice cases every year. Due to many factors, we are only able to accept about 20 new malpractice cases and we are often asked which cases get our attention. Recently, the National Quality Forum published a list of medical events that should never, ever happen to a medical patient. Most of these events take place while a patient is being cared for in a healthcare facility while others can happen anywhere, even a patient’s home. We have listed the top ten events that are definite red flags for medical malpractice.
- Surgery performed on the wrong body part
- Surgery performed on the wrong patient
- Wrong surgical procedure on a patient
- Retention of a foreign object in a patient after surgery or other procedure
- Intraoperative or immediately post-operative death in a normally healthy patient
- Patient death or serious disability associated with the use of contaminated drugs, devices, or biologics provided by the healthcare facility
- Patient death or serious disability associated with intravascular air embolism that occurs while being cared for in a healthcare facility
- Infant discharged to the wrong person
- Patient death or serious disability associated with patient disappearance for more than four hours
- Patient death or serious disability associated with a medication error
If you or a loved one has experienced any of these events, call Hill-Boren today for a free case evaluation.
Medical Malpractice Settlements
Confidential Medical Malpractice Settlement
A Hill Boren attorney represented a 55-year-old mentally challenged man hospitalized for other medical problems who developed over ten pressure ulcers while in the hospital for an extended period of time. The case was settled for a confidential amount.
$300,000 Medical Malpractice Settlement
A 59-year-old female goes to a local emergency room complaining of chest pain. She was sent home with a diagnosis of reflux and indigestion. The next day she was rushed to another emergency room and died of a heart attack. The case settled for $300,000.
$87,000 Medical Malpractice Settlement
An 87-year-old female died from an improper dosage of medication in the Dyer County hospital. Her family received an $87,000 lump sum settlement.
The lawyers at Hill Boren are experienced in medical malpractice lawsuits. If you or a loved one have suffered injury or death from a doctor’s mistake or medical malpractice, contact the lawyers of Hill Boren using our free evaluation form or give us a call at 1.800.727.0622.